Banned after providing verification of identity

jmazur43
New Community Member

After reviewing so many posts, it's sad to see people banned from PayPal with no cause... and if there was, no one really finds out why.

Like many, I was banned as well.

I used my account once to send money to a friend that did my tattoos. She moved from the US to Germany, and PayPal was the best option for this transaction. Everything went smoothly. A couple weeks later I discovered my account was limited and that I needed to provide proof of identity. Sure, no big deal. I never got around to it until almost a year later. I uploaded my drivers license and passport. Said to wait a week for confirmation. Sure, no big deal again. A week goes by and I find out my account will be closed. I call and of course I was declined to be told the nature of it. I was told there was an appeal process, however I may not receive a response.

Three months later, I still haven't received something, and I may likely never will. It's too bad really, because I would have enjoyed using an alternative to Venmo. Anything someone can think of that may have caused this to occur? Just curious more than anything. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.