Why is shipping being added to my IPN response?

cblaze22
Contributor
Contributor

Why is shipping being added to my IPN response?  Th is has worked for years but all off a sudden some of our IPN requests are containing shipping parameters like the one below for 17.01  We never send anything in regards to shipping.  This should of been a gross amount of 567.01 (which was regular price of $550.00 plus $17.01 processing fee).  It then adds another 17.01 as shipping to get this $584.02 below.  Does PayPal have a way to add shipping on their side outside of any third party redirects?

mc_gross=584.02&invoice=926454&protection_eligibility=Eligible&payer_id=test&payment_date=08%3A27%3A24+Mar+05%2C+2023+PST&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=test&mc_fee=12.11&notify_version=3.9&custom=926454&payer_status=unverified&business=test%40yahoo.com&quantity=1&verify_sign=test&payer_email=test2%40outlook.com&txn_id=test&payment_type=instant&last_name=test&receiver_email=test%40yahoo.com&payment_fee=12.11&shipping_discount=0.00&insurance_amount=0.00&receiver_id=test&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=test&discount=0.00&mc_currency=USD&item_number=&residence_country=US&receipt_id=test&shipping_method=Store+Pickup&transaction_subject=&payment_gross=584.02&shipping=17.01&ipn_track_id=test

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hi @cblaze22 ,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Community.

PayPal Standard has a shipping calculator available within the PayPal Profile. This will add shipping to all PayPal Standard transactions.

Here is basic information:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-calculate-shipping-costs-on-my-website-help690

This is where you can update the shipping calculator:

Here's how to calculate shipping costs for purchases made on your website:

1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Go to Account Settings.
  3. Click Shipping under "Products and Services" on the left menu.
  4. Click Update next to "Shipping Calculations."

Most likely the receiving account has the shipping calculator settings setup in the PayPal Profile.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.