enhanced account statement

sofie1
New Community Member

hi, i'm getting e-mails form pay pal about an enhanced account statement so i can continue ao get electronic communication delivery policy.???????  it looks legit but what is it?????   thanx, sofie1

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sjb352
Contributor
Contributor

It's a way of them giving you a form to look at all of your paypal activities during a particular month for up to three months to make sure everything is okay--no extra transactions.  It also tells you what you can do supposedly if you run into problems. My problem I have right now is being able to open one of mine--latest month (March). I was able to open Jan & Feb no problem.  Want to know what can I do to get to review it???

Login to Me Too

Automemories
Contributor
Contributor

It's a scam-- but a very good one that I almost fell for.  If you used that email to log in, I'd change your password asap.

I sent it to PayPal, and here's their reply:

Thanks for forwarding that suspicious-looking email. You're right - it 
was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud. By 
reporting the problem, you've made a difference!

Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other 
personal information through phishing emails and fake websites. To learn
more about online safety, click "Security Center" on any PayPal webpage.

Every email counts. When you forward suspicious-looking emails to 
spoof@paypal.com, you help keep yourself and others safe from identity 
theft. 

Your account security is very important to us, so we appreciate your 
extra effort. 

Thanks, 

PayPal
Login to Me Too

emiller
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info. I sent the email to them too. It was a good fake, I almost fell for it.   
Login to Me Too

Naneegote
New Community Member

I just received it too.  Even tho it looks very real, and not seemingly asking a lot, I was aprehensive to log into it.  When I go the round about way to log in, you would think that the "ENHANCED" option would show up there. NOPE, Thus, in my mind,  SCAM.  Don't go for anything unless you can log in on your own and make changes there. 

Login to Me Too

mikrin
New Community Member

I received this today also. I right away knew it was a scam as Paypal will NEVER send you a link to access your account. You are always advised to access Paypal via Paypal.com, never ever use a link sent to you to access Paypal or Ebay.

Login to Me Too

paljoe11
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it necessary to change your password?

Login to Me Too

Automemories
Contributor
Contributor

"If you used that email to log in, I'd change your password asap."

"Why is it necessary to change your password?"

Well, since the email was sent by scammers trying to get your password, if you clicked on one of the links and entered your PayPal userID and password, you've given it to the crooks.  Who will quickly log into your account, and drain your funds.

But if you catch your mistake quickly enough, you can change your password, and save the day before they make you a victim.

Login to Me Too

paljoe11
Contributor
Contributor

So I I didn't click through on the fake email, then my password is ok?

Login to Me Too

Cruizer
New Community Member

I understood it was a scam but the alarming part is that they addressed me by real name. Just like PayPal would do. There was a breach of security at some point, obviously. Most likely not through PayPal, but through one of the web stores I've used recently, paying with PayPal.

If scammers got my real name and e-mail address, attached to PayPal account, what should I do besides changing my PayPal account password?

Need your expertise!

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.