paypal refunded an item and told to keep

jintysbhoys
New Community Member

I bought an item on ebay for £300 it wasn't as described and I politely asked the seller for a refund or exchange and i would send it back, she ignored me at first and didnt answer till I involved paypal. At first paypal found in her favour until I sent them the emails she sent me which proved this was a different item from the one I first bid on. I still contacted the seller and asked her for her email and I would send item back she said case was closed and didnt want to know. few days later paypal resvered their decision and refunded me the £300 I asked them for the address to send item back and they said I did not have to send back and I could keep the item, thought this was stange  but as it was from paypal I did. I gave the item to my local charity shop as it was no use to me and didnt fit. today 4 days after the letter from paypal they have asked if I will send item back as seller now wants it back, im not sure if I will be able to get it back form the charity shop, just hoping it hasnt sold yet! why has this happened I cant find a case of this nature before has anyone had the same experience ??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.