how long to get a refund

Socrates777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I bought a camera on Ebay using Paypal for just under 1400 euros from a seller in Germany. A few hours later on the day I paid him, he said there was a fault with the camera and refunded me the money (this was on 25/05). When I go into paypal I see that the refund is pending and that there is a hold on it. I am wondering how long it should take for the money to go into my paypal account?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Socrates777

How did you fund the paypal payment that was refunded?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Socrates777
Contributor
Contributor

I funded it directly from my bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Socrates777

Yes but how did you fund it from your bank account???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Socrates777

Instant bank transfer OR

debit card?????????????

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Socrates777
Contributor
Contributor

instant bank transfer 

Login to Me Too

Socrates777
Contributor
Contributor

From my current account, its the first option in the paypla settings which is ticked, then the next option in the paypal settings is my debit card.

Login to Me Too

Socrates777
Contributor
Contributor

must be instant bank transfer 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Socrates777

OK  >>>>

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Socrates777
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I checked and the money is out of my bank account. I was just wondering how long it should take for the money to get into my paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.