closed claim and never received item

vanillajellaba
New Community Member

How can i discuss a claim that it has just been closed?

I bought something on ebay and the item never arrived to destination. Item is tracked and confirmed delivery, however I have never received it.
After contacting seller (very helpful) and opening a case I contacted the postal service too that replied with the following:

Good Afternoon

Please be advised Yodel has responded: Hi, our courier confirms this was left safe by the customer's front door and the front door was white.

Unfortunately I am unable to track this parcel any further. You will need to contact the original seller and request redelivery/refund for this item.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

C***** W******

Tracking

My Door is actually brown and not white..

This is a delivery service that was organised through Ebay services and is the first time I had a claim closed although the actual delivery company is agreeing that the parcel got lost and should be refunded.

How do I actually get my money back?

Is it a bit different when ebay is involved with the shipment that I don't actually need to receive what I pay for?

All of the info's above where submitted to the claim and even the seller agreed that paypal/ebay should cover the refund since the postal service had lost or misdelivered the parcel..

I am a bit baffled...has this ever happened to you?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi vanillajellaba,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

In a case such as this, if the delivery company left the item at the incorrect door, you would need to communicate with them regarding this. If you also had a case opened with PayPal in relation to this case, we would be glad to investigate this for you further to see what else can be done, as we do review all claims on a case by case basis.

To have your case re-reviewed, you would need to contact Customer Support directly. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks in advance

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.