bourght something off facebook now they have blocked me what can i do 2 get money bac

fillybaby
Contributor
Contributor

bourght something on facebook on the 12th of june and hadnt recieved it and they have now blocked me how am i ment to get my money back or do anything about the situation.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you paid using the purchase tab in send money then go to the resolution tab in your paypal account and file for item not received > put in what has happened and escalate the dispute to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fillybaby
Contributor
Contributor

it says i cant ive got contact the seller to resolve how do i contact them

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you pay via send money > purchase or did you use the gift option?

If you used the purchase tab then have you opened a dispute cus you should be able to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fillybaby
Contributor
Contributor

We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly. that what it says

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then it was one of two things.

1. You sent a gift payment and there is no buyer protection for gift payments.

2. The item was not "tangible" eg not an item that can be sent in the post etc.

If either of the above apply then you can't file a dispute as you have no buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fillybaby
Contributor
Contributor

i think its the first one. basically bought something off her and she said pay through paypal and it was ment to be 4.50 but charged me 35p for sending it if that means anything.

Login to Me Too

fillybaby
Contributor
Contributor

at the checkout it charged 35p extra

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In that case it was definately a gift payment as that is the only time the sender has the option to pay the fee.

Gifts are exactly that a gift, so you can't ask for a gift back again.

Next time you should always select the purchase tab and then you would be covered with buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fillybaby
Contributor
Contributor

so would it be any point in ringing paypal to see if they can do anything or is there nothing i can do

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.