Refund on hold, still.

scammenomore
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, my payment cleared from my bank last week so why is my refund still on hold? I have read your faq and understand it can take a few days extra for you than anywhere else in the world. I tried emailing but it just sent an automated response explaining how to file a claim/dispute with the seller when this is not his fault but PayPal.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

firstly this is a help board and not paypal customer services.

secondly it takes 5-7 days to transfer funds from your bank account to paypal as they use electronic and not wire transfer and so it has to go via automated clearing, the fact its left your bank account does not mean it has reached paypal.

when it reaches paypal the hold is lifted and funds credited to you.

this is because paypal don't refund in advance like they do when they credit the seller instantly when you pay for an item, when they take the wait for your funds to process through to them.

I paid a cheque into my bank account last week and was told it would take 5 working days to "clear".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scammenomore
Contributor
Contributor
I understand this isn't customer support but when my email attempt was instantly shot down and the only other method is a premium rate number, you must forgive me for trying to reach out here. They could at least add a warning to the process as this is the only place I know of where a refund means "you'll get it when we're ready to pay up". Why do you think they use an old method which takes time?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its good to come here, just didn't want you to think we were paypal.

i don't know why they use that method but it seems to be the same as most banks as i paid in a cheque into my own branch of my own bank but still had to wait for it to hit my bank account 5 days later !!  

can i mention that paypals phone number in the UK is a free number from most landlines. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.