Received Refund.

mattrockgod
Contributor
Contributor

I got a refund from an ebay seller, the refund is showing in my history but is not on my paypal balance - so I think it's going straight into my bank...but it is not in my bank yet ( got refund at 3pm today) and on 'details' it says *completed*.

My question is, is it ment to go straight into my bank or does it take a certain amount of time??

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did you fund the paypal payment that was refunded?

1. Instant bank transfer or funds in your paypal account?

2. Debit or credit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ZoeSarah

i am having the same problem! i am very worried i have never used paypal and it seems like my refund is lost in cyber space or something because my paypal balance is zero and i got an email yesterday saying i was refunded

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How about answering my question above? Then you may get some help.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sazglass2012

I am in the exact same position....got the email but nothing is showing in my account. No transaction history - nothing.

Better still, I didnt even pay for the goods via PayPal. It was direct from a debit/credit card but this debit/credit is not used against my PayPal.

I could really do with the money too with it being xmas! Argh!

Login to Me Too

mattrockgod
Contributor
Contributor

debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment with a debit card then the refund will automatically go back to your bank account but takes about a week to process back there.

If you funded it with a credit card then it will automatically go back there but takes from 7-30 days although personally i have never known it take longer than a week as well. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.