Pending refund

Carrel1027

Hi,

I reported an unauthorised payment from my account on 8th February 2017. At this time the payment hadn't been taken from my account. Paypal confirmed it was unauthorised so I didn't expect this payment to go through. They advised they'd refund the transaction amount.

This payment has been taken from my account on 15th February 2017. I've used the contact section to get an answer but haven't had a response yet. The payment was for over £120 which is quite a lot of money to have taken.

My paypal account shows a 'Pending' refund to my paypal balance, however when I go to withdraw funds from my paypal account, it says I have no funds available.

Is there anything you can do to push this refund through please?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carrel1027

That would explain it then as it takes much longer for a payment to process to your paypal account from a bank account than a debit card.

You just have to wait till it clears and then you can withdraw it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carrel1027

When you pay someone authorised or unauthorised it is never instant > paypal credit the receiver for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

So when you report it as unauthorised, those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then if they have found in your favour either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), OR credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

It stays pending or on temp hold until cleared. Once cleared you can withdraw it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Carrel1027

Hi. Thank you for your response.

The way my account looks is just confusing to be honest, but hopefully it'll be processed soon.

Having said this, another unauthorised payment was taken from my account but via debit card. They accepted the unauthorised payment and refunded the payment two days later!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carrel1027

Was the first one from your bank account via instant transfer and the second from your bank account via a debit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Carrel1027

Hi.

Yeah, first one was via bank account (the one I'm waiting refund on) and the second was done via debit card.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carrel1027

That would explain it then as it takes much longer for a payment to process to your paypal account from a bank account than a debit card.

You just have to wait till it clears and then you can withdraw it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Carrel1027

Thanks for that, hopefully it won't take too long.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.