Monarch airlines

Leighmayhew
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, last week I booked a flight with Monarch airlines to the value of £91. Since then, the company have gone into administration and all flights have been cancelled. Does anyone know whether I am able to make a claim as I paid through PayPal? Thanks, Leigh
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

heidib123
Contributor
Contributor

the same has happened to me with it saying there is alredy a dispute open, i went online this monring and had a look at the t&c's of pay pal and it did state that flight tickets are included for possible paypal chargeback,  - this was not the case a year ago. i think what has happened Paypal have identified all customers paying with paypal and they have opened cases automatically, i could be wrong, but it would make sense, as Paypal would have to go in as one creditor to Monarch and pay us all out individually,    but like i said i could be completley wrong. 

Login to Me Too

lizzie18
Contributor
Contributor

having the same problem, wont open in resolution page - which email have you contacted paypal on - cant seem to find one

Login to Me Too

Nic6
Contributor
Contributor

Same here tried to open a dispute and it states I already have but no disputes in the resoloution center

Login to Me Too

ec600
New Community Member

Funnily enough I only got that message for my transactions above 100£, which is the limit above which some newspapers say payment systems (credit cards, paypal) must refund. I used the message center to inform of the erroneous message and apply for the refund claim, since it's not my fault their regular channel is showing wrong info.

Login to Me Too

Confused232
Contributor
Contributor

I am receiving the same message when processing a dispute - have you had any luck with this yet?

Login to Me Too

i have the same happening to me 

can you let me know how you get on also mine were prior to 180 days ago many thanks

Login to Me Too

RAYANDREWS
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem

Login to Me Too

Muffineer
Contributor
Contributor

You 've got no chance of a refund with Paypal, being over 180 days since purchase of tickets with Monarch.

I paid £350.00p Uk sterling ,over 12 months ago using Paypal, for Monarch flights only ,and have had the negative response from Paypal. I have contacted my Debit card holder, Barclays , and was initially told I would get my money back within 24hrs, needless to say it didn't happen and when I followed up with them , I was told that because Paypal took the money out from my bank account directly, it was a direct debit action and not a card transaction, so Barclays couldn't deal with it. They advised me to contact the Monarch liquidators via the telephone number listed i.e 03003032800, which I have done ,only to be answered by an automatic message saying they are only dealing with repatriating Monarch passengers stranded abroad , until 14/11/2017. !!

Needless to say my travel insurance company doesn't cover the situation.

I think its time to say goodbye to my money , In futuire I'll only pay with a credit card >>

Login to Me Too

LLewis1
Contributor
Contributor
I just spoke to customer services and apparently, because I booked over 180 days ago, they WILL NOT cover the cost. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chromedome21
Contributor
Contributor
Here as well. €526 paid for return flights next April. Anyone who get's this resolved, or questions answered, would greatly appreciate feedback on this forum. Thanks..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.