Can't cancel payment

lsmcspaul
New Community Member
I bought an item from eBay and paid on collection but the item was still classed as open/unpaid on ebay because I paid cash on collection. I accidentally paid for the item again through paypal when purchasing another item off ebay. The payment is pending on paypal but I can't cancel the payment. Is there any way to cancel the payment or do I just have to rely on the seller to be honest and refund the wrong payment? Thanks Paul.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lsmcspaul

Firstly i would never collect and item and use paypal to pay for it, i would insist on cash on collection and if the seller did not accpet that (which would be daft as its better for him) then i would not bid.

Secondly your best bet is to wait and see if the pending status ''times out'' at 30 days but if the seller claims it then ask them for a refund, if they refuse you can file a dispute for non receipt of item as the seller has no trackable proof to show paypal that the item was sent to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hiscan
Contributor
Contributor
I also sent money to a friend who now doesn't need it and the payment remains pending,when I click on cancel payment it just brings me to the details of the transaction and no option to cancel. Can you advise on what to do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.