Customers Can't Pay Invoices

prettynpreppy
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent a few invoices out over the last couple of weeks and my customers can't pay using their credit cards. They get an error message saying "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

I sent myself an invoice and tried to pay without logging into my Paypal account and I get the same error with several different credit cards. There should be no issues that would prevent my cards from being accepted.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Spaz
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. And some other people are having the exact same issue as well.... very frustrated!!  

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Receiving-money/Paypal-not-accepting-any-customer-credit-cards/m...

Login to Me Too

prettynpreppy
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know if this is being acknowledged and looked into? I'm definitely going to lose at least one customer and all her future business if she can't pay this invoice today.

Login to Me Too

pamsaxon
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is that my customer is trying to pay her invoice, but Paypal is trying to force her into creating a Paypal account. It will not allow her to pay via credit card at all!

This needs to be resolved as soon as possible, or I may not get paid. This is unnacceptable.

Login to Me Too

prettynpreppy
Contributor
Contributor

Come on Paypal, what's going on? We're losing customers here.

Does anyone know of another way we can get a one-time payment from someone?

Login to Me Too

Spaz
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. One of my customers wanted my product very bad so decided to open an account with Paypal.  Guess what, after opening the account she's still unable to pay!!!  She's so upset now .  And as of now, I am about to lose another 3 sales!!!  I really want to scream right now. Woman Sad  

You are righ, this is absolutely unnacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Spaz
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry double post.

Login to Me Too

pamsaxon
Contributor
Contributor

I just found an answer to my problem: SquareUp at http://www.squareup.com. If you have an iPhone or Droid, you can use their software on your phone to take credit card payments. You pay 3.5% in fees, but no per transaction fee, and no monthly, either. I was set up in 20 minutes and was able to be paid, miracle upon miracles. For me, it's worth not having to worry about whether my charge is actually going to go through.

Login to Me Too

prettynpreppy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the iPhone app suggestion. I have been looking for something like this that didnt' charge a setup or monthly fee. Got it loaded on my phone and setup within minutes. Couldn't have been easier. THANK YOU!!

Login to Me Too

pamsaxon
Contributor
Contributor

Not a problem. Glad I could help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.