Cannot purchase Amazon gift card with PayPal balance

Ellsworth
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried purchasing an Amazon gift card with my leftover PayPal balance but I keep getting the same error message with every attempt: 

We're sorry, but your purchase could not be processed at this time.

Please try again. Or, call us and we'll help you resolve the issue. 
Call Us: <removed> (within U.S.) or <removed>* (outside U.S.) 
*International call charges may apply

I've tried calling customer service during business hours and I don't think anyone actually works there?  I've been waiting for close to 1.5 hours now just listening to their automated ads and background muzak.  In the meantime, I googled reviews about their customer service and it's been rated one of the lowest of any businesses.  Pretty much incompetent or non-existent service provided.  I'm stumped about what to do.  Since nobody can answer my questions......

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

rquinn
Contributor
Contributor
as far as im aware Amazon dont accept "paypal"as a form of payment ???
Login to Me Too

Ellsworth
Contributor
Contributor
There’s a page where you can “supposedly” purchase many different gift cards among them amazon: www.paypal-gifts.com. It is not a third party seller and generated directly by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Virtue37
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same issue? I’ve bought them before, most recent one I bought was in March 2018.
Login to Me Too

Kocrachon
New Community Member

Im in the same boat, I purchased an Amazon gift card from there back in February. Now in April, I can't buy one anymore. 

Login to Me Too

travofoz

I'm having the same problem. I had used paypal-gifts, and when i returned to do it again no dice.

what gives?

Login to Me Too

KG16
New Community Member

Same issue here. Last purchase of Amazon gift card was March 31, 2018. 

Login to Me Too

brads
Contributor
Contributor

Amazon is apparently **bleep** over everyone and no longer allows the purchase of their gift cards at numerous places where they could be purchased in the past, like Gyft, etc. It looks like they are trying to force direct Amazon purchases only.

Login to Me Too

I too am having this issue! What good is it to use paypal if I can't use it where I shop?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.