Paypal Prepaid Won't Activate

axsdomas
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought an $80 prepaid paypal card from my local CVS, only to go home and get stuck at an infinite loading screen. It won't activate online, won't activate over the phone, and won't activate on the mobile app neither. I sent a message to paypal about 5 days ago, not 1 response yet. I've also seen tons of posts with people that are having the same problem, and not one is yet resolved. Complete garbage, Paypal; if you can't provide solid customer support, ESPECIALLY when you are a corporation that revolves around MONEY, don't sell goods then. I've had this $80 card for almost a week now, and not been able to spend a cent from it. If I had the option, I'd 100% refund. This is ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @axsdomas 

I hope  you're doing well!

The PayPal prepaid sold by CVS which has no name embedded on it is not actually a PayPal product. It is a prepaid Consumer Card offered by NETSPEND. Our PayPal Prepaid Card can only be purchased through our Website. Our PayPal Prepaid Card also has the name of the cardholder embedded on it. Please contact Netspend or the Number at the back of the card since it's Netspend  who handles this type of card. Hope this helps! Stay safe!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @axsdomas 

I hope  you're doing well!

The PayPal prepaid sold by CVS which has no name embedded on it is not actually a PayPal product. It is a prepaid Consumer Card offered by NETSPEND. Our PayPal Prepaid Card can only be purchased through our Website. Our PayPal Prepaid Card also has the name of the cardholder embedded on it. Please contact Netspend or the Number at the back of the card since it's Netspend  who handles this type of card. Hope this helps! Stay safe!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

axsdomas
Contributor
Contributor

Very much appreciated! I would've never known that lol, you rock. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.