PayPal Credit reported to the credit agencies when I have no PayPal credit

Jaymie1
New Community Member

PayPal has reported non payment of a PayPal Credit card which I never had. It has lowered my credit score by about 100 points. I've been working on this for well over a month. Synchrony Bank is no help as I can't even get to a live person because I can't give them my account number because I don't have this account! PayPal should care about this as I learned that the same thing has happened to a lot of other people. I'm trying to get a mortgage to buy a house and PayPal's actions are preventing me from doing that. I finally reached someone I could barely understand and he told me it'll take 60 days to resolve this. By that time, I will lose the opportunity to buy the house. I'm 65 and I've reported this to Equifax, TransUnion, Experian and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I guess my next step is to put this all over social media and call my attorney. Beware of this PayPal scam.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.