Converting PayPal Extras card to a PayPal Cashback Card

Shawn9221
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Based on what I've read, it seems that it's only possible to have one type of PayPal MasterCard. I've just received my Extras card and had no idea about the Cashback card. Is there any possible way to switch over? Thanks, Shawn.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bernadettetp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so sad this has no response 😞 I called support today and they said they have no way to convert the card from Extras to the Cash Back. I don't understand how this isn't possible. I've converted credit card types with my other banks before... Support told me the only way to do this is to close my Extras card and apply for the Cash Back card. That means I will have to close a long standing credit account AND agree to a hard pull on my credit. That's just terrible. 

Login to Me Too

coralguy
Contributor
Contributor

This is so unfortunate. This should have been better planned. As usual sales don't look at these things which causes customer dissatisfaction.

Login to Me Too

bernadettetp
Contributor
Contributor

Because I have to go through the trouble of applying for a new card, I might as well apply with a new bank. I wan't a 2% cash back card and I have excellent credit. So I am going to apply for the Citi Double Cash Credit Card. I'm no longer using my PayPal Extras card... They've lost a customer of 8 years over this issue.

Login to Me Too

coralguy
Contributor
Contributor

So nothing is being done. I have called, chatted for months and a cancelled card cannot be removed still. What is this company turning into?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.