New Filter Ux is inefficient and user unfriendly!

rslheath
Contributor
Contributor

Came to do my February Invoices and discover that (yet again) the Invoice Screen has changed. 

The quick and super-handy drop-down box of fields to filter is gone and a more complex filter option has been implemented on a second page. Even more frustrating, there is a 30-day default filter that resets every time you leave the page. 

What this means for me:

Every month every one of my invoices is different. For years, I would simply copy last month's invoices, make whatever changes were individually necessary to each invoice, and then schedule them for the first of the coming month. 

This month, last month's invoices didn't show up in my list because January has 31 days and the default 30-day filter filtered them out.

So I have to

1) click over to the Filter Page

2) Select 90 days in the drop-down box

3) click back to my list of invoices

4) Change and schedule an invoice

5) Click back to my list of invoices

6) Repeat steps 1 thru 5 for each invoice.

Last month, I didn't need to do steps 1, 2, & 3.

This is frustrating, it's a really bad user experience, and totally unnecessary. 

Solutions

1) return to a quick filter drop-down box on the page main list of the invoice page

2) Don't reset the filter every time we leave the page. Allow us to reset it by clicking the "clear filter" button--which right now is redundant.

2) Allow us to set--permanently across sessions--our own default filters. 

Thanks 

Russell

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

hssonline
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue. I do monthly invoicing, so the 30 day filter default hides all my past invoices (from 31 or 32 days prior), and I have to reset the filter each time. Can you give us a way to change the default to last 90 days, or when we set the new filter criteria, can you save it while logged in, so it doesn't reset back to 30 days automatically. Or if it was set to last 35 days, that would also work fine.

Login to Me Too

Serek_Basses
Contributor
Contributor

Our product has a very long lead time (currently one year), and so I am constantly referencing invoices that are 6-12 months old and this new default filter is killing me. A simple 10 second search has now turned into a 2 minute undertaking, which is taking me away from what I really need to be doing at work! PayPal FIX THIS.

Login to Me Too

ZakuraTech
New Community Member

I also run into this issue - we have a very long lead time and now I cannot properly access invoices to check partial payments or send reminders. It is incredibly frustrating since I cannot simply type in the invoice number and review progress. 

I don't know why this change was made or who thought 30 days as a default setting was long enough but paypal needs to remove the default limit and just have it be -all time- for invoice query inputs like it was before. 

Login to Me Too

eajok
New Community Member

It's just so frustrating and annoying. I have to click that 30 day filter every time I want to do anything, over and over again. Please bring back the all time list scroll, or even let me change the default from 30 days to 90.

Login to Me Too

Maui_Roadsters
New Community Member

Exactly... why would there be a default filter applied to invoices? I don't get it, it's annoying. Even more frustrating is the fact that PayPal doesn't do anything about it... 

Login to Me Too

KennethPE
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue - I am always looking at invoices to see what's past due - so by default this filter is useless.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.