Error 004 when creating the free return shipping label

ntdsyw
Contributor
Contributor

I want to create a free shipping label for my recent Uniqlo order. But after I complete the request (it says Label created) and click the "print label", its says 

{"errorMessage":"invalid credentials: ","errorCode":"004"}

Can't get my shipping label

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

elegantascent
Contributor
Contributor

Got this same problem as well. Speaking to PayPal only redirected me to FedEx, who then told me the problem is with whoever PayPal is using to produce the labels, which is a company called "Happy Return". I couldn't find any contact info for them though. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Login to Me Too

bxx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue still today.  so really they can't give us a way to return anything with Paypals return then?

Can we pay it ourselves and then get a refund on the shipping?

Login to Me Too

bxx
Contributor
Contributor

Oh no, Happy Returns is a Paypal company!  It's there own team

Login to Me Too

Gaekos
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support hasn't been very helpful so far.  They stated the email used to submit the request isn't tied to a PayPal account which is simply incorrect.  Looks like a credential issue between PayPal and Happy Return.

Has anyone been able to recreate the return shipping label by working with FedEx?  FedEx registers as shipping label created and I can view the status of the shipping order, but don't see a way to print the shipping label.

Login to Me Too

elegantascent
Contributor
Contributor

FedEx told me that even though they can see the tracking number in the system, they can't assist with reprinting the label.

It has to be done by whatever third party generated the label; in this case PayPal/Happy Returns.

Basically one giant circle of finger pointing going on.

Login to Me Too

bxx
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds about right. I have always heard PP CUstomer service wasn’t the greatest but it might not be the CS but their technology too.
Login to Me Too

mikegood
Contributor
Contributor
I've contacted both happy returns and the PayPal customer service link on the page with the error. Happy returns told me to go to the retailer, and PayPal return shipping on us told me they can only support PayPal return shipping on us support questions. So basically, nobody is helpful and their product sucks/is broken.
Login to Me Too

jrp261835
Contributor
Contributor

This blows. i have been trying to print for 5 days and getting this message. Paypal told me it would be fixed by yesterday...it is still not fixed. I at least wish they could rescind the request so i can get my money back by submitting a receipt. I also don't want to lose this claim as i only have 2 left this year after this one...which i will not use. Im so annoyed. TelUS sends you to paypal customer service paypal sends you to Telus. blah!

Login to Me Too

hmbuy
New Community Member

Im having the same issue! Like others have said, I wish Paypal could at least offer the option to cancel the label, so we can use the refund shipping payment option instead.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.