Change PayPal.me Url

maffhew
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

BillAnt

As an alternative if you need to change your PayPal.me name a little more frequently or would like to use a custom name for different products you sell, you could use a URL shortening method which allows you to change the name as often as you wish.  For example if you would like to show your customers the username AcmeGadgets, you could create bit.ly or tinyurl.com /AcmeGadgets and link it to your current PayPal.me URL.

Login to Me Too

zottedoos
Contributor
Contributor

Where did you manage to get a hold of the support? 

Login to Me Too

pedroMillero
Contributor
Contributor
I'll give it a go.
Login to Me Too

pedroMillero
Contributor
Contributor
I got mine changed too, they simply deleted my paypalme and I created a new one.
Login to Me Too

Grace20203
New Community Member

Hello, 

is it possible to change the name of  PayPal.me Url?

Login to Me Too

MareIslandArt
Contributor
Contributor

This is a problem for my group. We were Coal Shed Studios for 18 years, but then our landlord had other ideas for the building we were in, the old coal sheds on Mare Island, so we are not Coal Shed Studios anymore. A fancy Brewery is in there now and they're named Coalshed. We have the name coalshed in our paypal.me and we can't change it. It could confuse people who do not know our history, so basically I have to create a web site button now and do not have the convenience of using paypal.me. If I could delete it and start over that would be great but I don't see a way to do that.

Login to Me Too

RedBlondeFox
New Community Member

I also vote to have this changed! Why should I be subjected to using a username that I created as a 13 year old? I'm an adult now. Do you have any idea how childish <removed> sounds to customers? I always get the "What was you thinking when you came up with that name?" look. It was cute as a child but as an adult, its embarrassing!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RedBlondeFox 

As you are not allowed to open a paypal account until you are 18 then maybe you should have waited.

I hope you are not still using that account because if paypal find out it was opened underage, even if you are an adult now they will ban it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LesG1
Contributor
Contributor

How do I change my PayPal.Me/name extension

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LesG1 

No you can't edit it, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.