Can't apply for the PayPal Cash debit card: "Can't update your account"

rwata
Contributor
Contributor

I got the following message trying to make a PayPal Cash debit card...

We can't update your account

We're unable to make the requested updates to your account. You're still able to use your PayPal account to shop, send money, and get paid.

I tried going to the Resolution Center, but there's no information about an account limitation there. I also use this account to sell on eBay, so it should be verified. I don't have a bank account linked to PayPal, is that a requirement to get a cash card? Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Verdas

None of this helps. i cant apply for a normal OR business card. both have my account saying it cant update. Paypal support isnt helping either. i've scoured the internet for about an hour now and literally NOTHING. this service is worthless

Login to Me Too

tharris1
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t as well so is there anything else needs confirmation and can’t link no debit card to account 

Login to Me Too

Boosti45
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone having this issue I don't know if this will work for everyone but I tried everything and couldn't get anything to work and then logged onto Google while using private browsing mode that way it didn't remember any of my info or try to auto fill any personal information on any pages then googled "PayPal business debit card" and clicked this link <removed> and that is the business debit card application homepage I clicked the get started button which then had me login and when I logged in it told me I was not eligible for a business debit card and said but "you are eligible for a cash card apply now?" So I clicked that button to apply directly from there for the cash card and it took me back through the same set up that had been rejecting me every other time saying it couldn't update my account but for some odd reason when I did it all this way it completely went through with no problems so if you want to enable private browsing mode and click the link I provided and go that route and attempt to apply and it worked for me for some reason I don't know why but I literally tried every single thing under the sun and nothing worked except that !

Login to Me Too

nj685q143
Contributor
Contributor

THE LINK WAS REMOVED ON YOUR POST JUST SO YOU KNOW. i AM HAVINF THE SAMEISSUE CAN'T UPDATE MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHING IS UPDATED AND VERIFIED THE ONLY THING IS I DIDN'T LINK A BANK ACCOUNT I JUST LINKED MY DEBIT CARDS/ VENMO AND CASHAPP CARDS. I HAVE A PERSONAL ACCOUNT AND CAN'T APPLY OR GET THE CASH CARD OR DEBIT MASTERCARD?

Login to Me Too

Boosti45
Contributor
Contributor
For anyone having this issue I don't know if this will work for everyone but I tried everything and couldn't get anything to work and then logged onto Google while using private browsing mode that way it didn't remember any of my info or try to auto fill any personal information on any pages then googled "PayPal business debit card" and click the first link that is NOT AN AD so it’s like the third link down I think and the highlighted part that you click on says “PayPal Business Debit MasterCard | paypal US” and that is the business debit card application homepage then I clicked “get started” button which then had me login and when I logged in it told me I was not eligible for a business debit card and said but "you are eligible for a cash card apply now?" So I clicked that button to apply directly from there for the cash card and it took me back through the same set up that had been rejecting me every other time saying it couldn't update my account but for some odd reason when I did it all this way it completely went through with no problems so if you want to enable private browsing mode and click the link I provided and go that route and attempt to apply and it worked for me for some reason I don't know why but I literally tried every single thing under the sun and nothing worked except that ! And like I said make sure to open a private web browser prior to doing anything and start from a blank page and go to google and do all the things I listed exactly as I listed them and it has worked for me and other people in the last week
Login to Me Too

Gator86
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue as well and it's incredibly annoying.  Any help would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Boosti45
Contributor
Contributor
Read my updated post that I just posted
Login to Me Too

Adaens
New Community Member
I tried it boosti, no luck, I just created my account tonight, should I wait till tm? I really need this debit card account opened by tm
Login to Me Too

Gator86
Contributor
Contributor

That didn't work for me either.  Guess I'll just have to transfer my funds to Cash app just to be able to use them outside of the internet since they actually give you a card hassle free.

Login to Me Too

BerkshireBlings
Contributor
Contributor
Same here and so does Venmo
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.