4 months interest free not working on ebay

Samrw
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Whenever I select paypal credit as the payment method on ebay it offers me the choice of paying so much over monthly instalments and doesn’t give me a choice of 4 months interest free. My order is over £99 so I’m not sure what the issue is? Anyone else has this problem? Thanks
Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Sci-Fi
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem on my eBay UK.

6 and 12 months there but with interest charges. I used the 4 month option the day before on another site with no problems.

I phoned PayPal and they said they're not aware of any problem and said some nonesense about maybe it was the item/s -doesn't make any difference I tried all sorts of items to test.

Login to Me Too

Pager8800
Contributor
Contributor
Anyone ever sort this out as haveing the same issues
Login to Me Too

Brightside83
Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken to both PayPal and eBay about this. PayPal say its a seller issue (eBay) and that they are potentially running a 12 month promotion whereby they are only offering instalment plans. eBay say this is an individual seller issue not accepting PayPal credit as a payment option, which i know to be complete rubbish as a seller myself, this is not an option in the settings! Nothing ever works on eBay, i rather buy and sell somewhere else now. 

Login to Me Too

ndmndm
Contributor
Contributor

I think I know what's going on. In the past if a seller accepted Paypal and the buyer was paying with Paypal the transaction would be all internal to Paypal mechanisms and Paypal would always accept the 4 months 0 interest option for the buyer.

Nowadays though ebay is holding funds and transferring payments from buyer to seller via the Adyen platform. Obviously something in the cross-platform payment system has broken the seamless Paypal-to-Paypal experience we had before.

Login to Me Too

Brightside83
Contributor
Contributor
The trouble is though, eBay has a policy of blaming everything and everyone else rather than acknowledging when their systems or processes are broken, so there isn't much hope of this getting resolved.
Login to Me Too

ndmndm
Contributor
Contributor

I thought it was important to share this!

I just made a purchase on ebay, like said so far, I had to use the "12 months payments with interest", but when I look into my paypal account, the purchase has been recorded under the "0% interest if paid in full within 4 months" - hence Paypal Credit seems to be going by default with the best offer you can get based on your Paypal Credit! GREAT NEWS! I attach a screenshot

Capture.JPG

Login to Me Too

Brightside83
Contributor
Contributor
Interestingly, i just made a large purchase on eBay, but when confronted with the usual instalment options of 6, 12, 18 or 24 month repayment options, they all showed 12.9% but for the 12 month instalment option which showed 0%! Effectively 12 months interest free credit!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.