Sent money to an email that friend does not have access to.

I3roken
New Community Member

I sent my friend money for food but accidentally used an old paypal account email that he no longer has access to. I already payed him back on the new one but is there any way I can get the money back from the old account? I know normally the other account would just have to refund but he has no access to it.

Is there a way to claim the money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JellyBitz
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly same problem, in this case it's me which don't have access to the account (I need to do a new topic for this?)

My old account should be inactive for years and I gave it by mistake on mail extension, there is some way to refund the money as soon as possible?

My friend said he can't cancel, there is no button.

But there is a message about "Payment Received 15/09/2018" (6 days after sent):
"The recipient has a lifetime limit to send, spend or withdraw. Upon reaching limit time, the recipient must take certain actions to lift the limit."

I don't remember if I had verified email in this account, but in my mail it said "Has received money" in title. So I can't to know if is unclaimed (should be, right?), or completed because it's says "received" means completed automatically? ..

How long I'll need to wait for cancel, wait for 6 days to cancel button appears? or 30 days to refund? like I read another topic if is unclaimed.

I'm a bit scared to lost my money and need an answer asap, thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.