Fee different than 2,9% + 0,35 EUR?

ebenavente
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Today I did my first sell with Paypal, at a price of 75 EUR. I'm from Spain, Europe, and the buyer is from the US. I don't know very well yet how Paypal fees work, but I got a 4,03 EUR fee, which is higher than 2,9% + 0,35 EUR, which would be 2,525 EUR, not 4,03. I guess I'm getting a higher fee because the buyer is from the US? Even so, it says for international transactions that if the recipient is in the US, there would be a fee of 1,99 EUR, and with the 2,9%+0,35 fee it would sum up to a 4,515 EUR fee, which is again different than the 4,03 fee I got. Is there any way to know in advance what the fee will exactly be so I can charge the customers accordingly?

Thank you so much for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ebenavente 

If you charge buyers your fees then you are likely to get your paypal account permanently suspended.

Buyers don't pay fees and its against paypal rules to surcharge them a fee.

Fees are in paypals user agreement and yes you are correct you will pay an added cross border/currency conversion fee if you are selling internationally and those fees vary country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ebenavente 

If you charge buyers your fees then you are likely to get your paypal account permanently suspended.

Buyers don't pay fees and its against paypal rules to surcharge them a fee.

Fees are in paypals user agreement and yes you are correct you will pay an added cross border/currency conversion fee if you are selling internationally and those fees vary country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.