Did my purchase happen?

airfr8
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something online and their only method of payment was PayPal. So I made the purchase as a guest with my credit card and didn't sign up. I didn't get any email from Paypal. My credit card doesn't show a temporary charge. The company I purchased from has no record. So, I created a Paypal account, and the activity isn't there. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone... My concern is that I can't afford to try it again. It was a $180 purchase. Additionally I can't imagine that a company like Paypal waits to send a purchase receipt by email. I have 3 questions: 1-Does Paypal send an immediate receipt by email? 2-Does the activity show up immediately in my Paypal account? 3-Does Paypal wait to ping my credit card company? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@airfr8

1. Yes, within a couple of hours (normally pretty instant though) you get email confirmation of your payment.

2. If you paid as a 'guest buyer' ie with a card rather than logging in to a Paypal account first to pay then NO it won't show on that Paypal account.

3. Can take a few days to leave your funding source dependent on country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@airfr8

1. Yes, within a couple of hours (normally pretty instant though) you get email confirmation of your payment.

2. If you paid as a 'guest buyer' ie with a card rather than logging in to a Paypal account first to pay then NO it won't show on that Paypal account.

3. Can take a few days to leave your funding source dependent on country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.