Charging card with insufficient funds instead of account that I was trying to use

svntrw
Contributor
Contributor
A while ago on the 18th I was trying to use my card to pay for a school, they had an option for paypal and so I used that, I tried to pay using my account with enough money for the transaction but I got a "make sure card has enough funds before retrying" message on checkout. I tried 4 more times and got the same thing each time. I gave up and decided I'd try another day but when I checked my paypal I noticed I now have a pending payment for what I was trying to purchase , only now it's charging a different account I have that DOES NOT have enough money to pay for this transaction, instead of charging the account that did have enough (the one I was trying to use the wholw time) I'm being charged on an account that will be set to -$6000+CAD and get charged NSF since I don't keep large amounts on the account. I cannot transfer enough money from one bank to the next in time as I have a limit for interac. Paypal also will not let me move funds onto my paypal balance to then transfer onto the account that doesn't have enough money. I'm very worried about this, I've contacted the twitter account and got no response (not even an automated one like usual) I've also contacted the school's email and I'm currently waiting for a response. I'm stuck here getting nervous about my bank account for small purchases getting ruined, I've worked hard to get enough money for this school and I'm so afraid of it being wasted by this, I'd have to work like that again to cover the negative balance back to zero if this goes through...
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.