Won't let me change name

bekhamliddell
New Community Member

I have been sitting here trying to change my name in paypal for several minutes now, and it isn't even giving me the option. I have hit update several minutes hitting update and the correct button and it keeps going back to the original page.

I recently changed my name legally as I am a trans man, and seeing my deadname causes me a great deal of dysphoria. I understand I need to submit paperwork but it isn't even giving me the option to edit my name in the first place. I haven't been able to find a solid answer to my question despite searching through the forum, and I am quite anxious and frustrated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You can change the name on your account if it's misspelled or if you've legally changed your name.

If you have a business account, you can change the contact name for your business. However, it is not

possible to change the name on your account to another person's name.

Here’s how you can change your name:
  1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  2. Click Update below your name.
  3. Select your type of name change.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen and click either Continue or Update Name.

**  Important:

Depending on the type of name change, you may need to submit documentation for our review.

It normally takes 3-5 business days for a review.

Login to Me Too

bekhamliddell
New Community Member

I have clicked update several times and at no point has it prompted me with instructions. It ALWAYS reroutes to the original settings page and I have no idea what to do.

Login to Me Too

jessamyh
Contributor
Contributor

there is something wrong with the name change links.  I've tried them all and it just takes me back to the former screen. PayPal, Please update the links so i can change my legal name!!  This is frustrating - i've tried chrome and IE and also checked my popup blocker, nothing is working.

Login to Me Too

jmvintagesales
New Community Member
I go through I hit up DD select that my business name is changed and then when I hit the continue button the big blue button it is not a clickable link I have sent PayPal helpdesk a message and they keep sending me back the instructions I understand the instructions the link is not a clickable link on the mobile site on the regular web page what am I supposed to do?
Login to Me Too

MegsClaire
New Community Member
This is my problem too. Have you found a solution to this? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.