Weekend Delay in receiving notification or money

Mutchy
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a delay on the weekends like a bank of receiving money or notifications. someone sent me money. I've seen the receipt but havent seen the money or a notification. it was done on a Saturday afternoon. so wonder if like bank it will show on 1st business day

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mutchy 

Payments to paypal accounts are more or less instant but allow a couple of hours.

Are you sure the email was from paypal and not a scammer?

Can you give more info?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mutchy
Contributor
Contributor
I did not get email from PayPal. That’s my point. Is saw the screen shot of the receipt during conversation. She cancelled at my request in case the email address was misspelled. And then resubmitted and I saw the whole ledger. It was in pending on her end the second time.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mutchy 

If she was able to cancel the payment then there WOULD have been a spelling mistake in the email address that was used.

Pending / unclaimed WITH a cancel option means the payment has been sent to a non existant email address OR that email address has not been verified.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mutchy
Contributor
Contributor
I have received money via the email address before. And the screen shot showed me as the recipient.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.