Transaction declined, but I haven't made any.

SirBlain
Contributor
Contributor
Just got an email from PayPal saying my transaction was declined for not enough funds, but I haven't made any transactions, this card isn't used for any subscriptions or anything. No transactions or showing as pending or declined in PayPal. How can I determine what is trying to take money off this card?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Miss-Designs
New Community Member
Please tell me they were able to provide you with at least info but hopefully help with a solution!?!? Have you had luck I hope. I'm dealing with the same thing right now but on steroids basically. I'm still waiting to hear back from PayPal to find out what they have to say because it had me worried. Worried enough actually that since I have just received a payment, mine is also a business debit card issue, I was scared it would run yet again and take the money I just received so I totally cancelled that card and requested a new one while waiting on a reply. But in my case, the reason it really really has me concerned, is because it started on August 31 and I have received more declined transactions emails from PayPal EVERYDAY since and in several cases, up to 4 times a day. As I explained to them, especially since I know for a fact it wasn't me trying to do those transactions AND there is nothing at all for any of them in my account info anywhere, but also because when it happened once in my personal account it at least stated who the transaction was supposed to paying for. But in every last one of these emails not even once has it stated anything except your transaction was declined for not enough funds, but never anything at all giving info about the transaction itself. Can you imagine, everyday, someone's multiple times, up till the latest one arriving yesterday. The emails all look legit, addressed to me not user, and the email address all are verifiably PayPal, so just leaves me to wonder who the hell has tried to charge my business account ALL those MULTIPLE times? And also why PayPal hasn't once thrown any red flags for (1) and why there hasn't even once been any info to identify any of the transactions (2). Especially since it was spelled out clearly in the ONE time it occurred in my personal but several dozen times an anonymous payee tries unsuccessfully to charge my account and there's no questioning it?? That either makes me a very poor business lady with a horrible understanding of how to make a purchase for the first time ever in several years, or someone trying to fraudulently charge my own account, or an indication that SOMEONE may be possibly trying to charge without my knowledge since on all these months I've never even once been prepared for whatever they are charging. I do know I'll be avoiding using this new card number in very many places unless necessary and trying to stick with only email access purchases whenever possible. Way too many underhanded crooked people lately who's rather take from others than earn honest pay. And it's picking up every week or seems since up till about 3 months ago if only ever gotten like one find of an old email address that had been exposed on the dark web monitoring in my credit score account. But in less than 3 months I've been dinged almost 3 dozen times showing where one piece of my info or another had been found and needed to be changed. Including my new phone number with my email address connected only 4 said after it was signed to me. None of us can afford to have these expenses and issues taken out of our hides, especially right now, so I am just really hoping that PayPal is able to get back to me with any kind of details so out can be stored from happening anymore. But there's a niggling in my gut that warms me from getting my hopes up, saying that if they knew who it was from they'd have already listed it in the notices. But keeping the faith till I'm told otherwise.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.