Sending money from bank account

Yourmama57
Contributor
Contributor
How long does it take for someone to receive a payment thru PayPal using my bank account? I sent a payment that was successful but my bank hasn't deducted it yet and it's been 2 days. I haven't contacted the recipient nor have they contacted me. PayPal activity says successful so how long before it's deducted from the bank?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yourmama57 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yourmama57
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a friend, it was not a service. Does that mean Paypal fronted the money to my friend and deduction from my bank will occur in a few days? This is the first time I've sent money to a person thru Paypal. I did not hear from the recipient of the cash so I assume it went okay(I would rather not contact them) I just wish I knew that it took forever to deduct from my account. I think it's ridiculous that it takes so long especially in this day and age. I don't know if it's a Paypal thing or Bank of America either way I was assuming that instant meant instant payment as well as instant deduction-my bad!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yourmama57 

I told you why it takes so long, paypal uses electronic transfer ie echeques instead of the instead of wire transfer and thats why they front the payment to your seller.

However you now say it was sent to a friend, it would have helped if you had said that initially as friends/family payments are normally echeques anyway.

So does it say SENT / PENDING or UNCLAIMED on your paypal account?

If SENT then its as per my first post and they have received it and your funds will process as per electronic transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.