Refund not showing in bank or as a balance in PayPal

bernardhVeteran
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I did a purchase paid with PayPal, then cancelled the order immediately. I then re ordered with correct specifications, and paid.

1. Both amounts have gone off my linked bank account.
2. PayPal shows the first payment, then th ereversal, and then the new payment (3 transactions)

3. PayPal shows a zero balance in my PayPal account, but the refund has not shown up in my bank account.

Does this take a predetermined period such as 24 hours to show in my bank? If the money goes off my bank immediately, when paying, why when refunding, does it not credit my bank again immediately?

I do not feel secure about the fact that PayPal shows the refund, and a zero PayPal balance, but The refund is not in my bank yet.

Please can somebody advise?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bernardhVeteran

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

bernardhVeteran
Contributor
Contributor

THANKS!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bernardhVeteran

Your welcome, shame you made your own post as the solution rather than mine though.  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bernardhVeteran
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, that was completely unintentional. I am new to the forum, and I find the format very confusing. I though I was adding a Kudo for you. I will go and figure out how to remove it and ensure it is for you.

Apologies and thanks again!

Login to Me Too

bernardhVeteran
Contributor
Contributor

Capture.JPG

I am confused. The kudo, is by your first reply. I have checked all the others and they are zero. I seriously want to award you the kudo, so please direct me, if I am missing something?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bernardhVeteran

No problem, thank you for the kudos.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.