Paypal charging currency was incorrect

esami
Contributor
Contributor

Even though my Card and the transaction are in USD, Paypal charged me with EGP. How can I revert the transaction and be charged with USD?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi @esami,
Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

My apologies for any frustration this transaction  may have caused. When you add a  card to your PayPal account, it is automatically registered based on the information sent by the card issuer. To update the currency we use to charge charge it, please contact our customer support teams with the last two digits of the card affected, the currency you want to use for it and the dates of the transactions that were charged to your card in the wrong currency. Until we update the currency for your card, always select the currency you want to send money in before completing your payment. When you choose this option, you won’t know which foreign exchange rate has been applied to the transaction until you receive your card statement. Your card issuer will determine the foreign exchange rate to apply to the transaction. You will not be informed of the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees until you receive your card statement.

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.