How to set up PayPal Direct Deposit

r90x
Contributor
Contributor

I can't figure out how to set up direct deposit to my PayPal account. When I searched, the instruction are to go to "profile" and click on "direct deposit". Simple enough, but there is no "direct Deposit" to click on. There must be some way to get my account number and routing number.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@r90x

To set up direct deposit into your PayPal account you would need to sign up for the PayPal Cash debit card. When you sign up for this specific card, PayPal adds a routing and account number to your PayPal profile. 

There may be issues signing up for the Cash debit card if you already have a different PayPal debit card linked to your account.

Here is a PayPal link for the Cash debit card.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

Login to Me Too

r90x
Contributor
Contributor
I have the PayPal Business Debit Card. Is that the problem?
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@r90x

I don't believe PayPal will allow both the Business debit card and the Cash debit card on the same account at the same time. 

If the site is not letting you sign up for the Cash card then you would need to cancel the Business debit card in order to complete signup. Keep in mind that the Cash debit card doesn't have the ability to use your checking account as a back up funding option in case of a zero PayPal balance. It also doesn't offer the one percent cashback bonus. 

Login to Me Too

MGS80
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I’m super new to this and not sure if I’m doing this correctly but I’ve got the PayPal personal account I’ve applied and received and activated my PayPal cash card so now I also have routing number and all that so how come when I did a direct deposit to my PayPal from mercari I’m still after 3rd day receiving no funds in either PayPal cash card or PayPal balance?? I don’t understand what I could have missed...or does it need more time to credit to my account??Please help I don’t want to be out this money even tho I did transfer/deposit small amount for test run just in case ...any advice/info/suggestions/troubleshooting will be much appreciated!! Thanks!!:)
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Monami

Hi @MGS80,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for your post. 

I understand you are having trouble locating the funds in your PayPal balance. It typically takes 5 days for a direct deposit to show up in your account. 

I hope this information helps. 

Monami

Login to Me Too

Beaniebaby99
New Community Member
When I go to look at my direct deposit information it says can not confirm does anyone else have this issue?
Login to Me Too

AnthonyM849
New Community Member

Btalbot
Contributor
Contributor

I use to have my check direct deposited into my PayPal account with no issues. Then after July 4th it will not accept my PayPal routing number or account number on anything ive tried for direct deposit. I’ve tried at my work and as soon as I put in the routing number it says it’s not a good routing number, <removed>. I’ve tried I’ve Facebook marketplace to ship products and set it up under bank account to receive payments and it denied it as a legitimate bank account. I’ve contacted PayPal and they’ve couldn’t give me an answer to why this is happening. Very very frustrating

Login to Me Too

Inkman1108
New Community Member
Click on direct deposit and your routing and account numbers will pop up take that info to your employer or print the form n hand it to employer accounts
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.