Holding money

omerelbagi
New Community Member
Some one wants to buy bedfrom me , he transfered the bed money + mony for transportation ...I received email from paypal to send the transportation money first before depositing the money to my account!!?? Is this common practice or this is spam
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @omerelbagi 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

This is showing signs that you might be dealing with a fake buyer based on your description. The common practice in PayPal is that the buyer sends you money, which you will see in your PayPal account, not just from an email.

Imagine what your fake buyer might do after you send the transportation money. They could just ignore you or even block you.

You may open the email from a browser(computer) and check the real email address of the sender. Send it to spoof@paypal.com if you see a suspicious email address.

Hope this helps!

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Courtney98x
Contributor
Contributor
I have this exact same problem, but I don’t have any money in my bank account to cover the cost of the shipping fee in order to receive my payment
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.