Help with Basics - EVERYTHING!

HobbyHermit
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can anyone at all help me out please?

I have had Pay Pal for far to long and have been unable to use it at all. I am a single stay at home person and not a huge company. I initially set up an account with this place to receive payments for pieces of artwork I was trying to sell online at various websites. This never worked out, but I still have a "Business" account, even though I'm very much NOT a business and have never registered as a business in any way shape or form.

Now I'm wanting to accept a few payments from friends (gifts of money & whatnot, kinda like giftcards but "easier" according to them) through this site, but it's NOT easier, nor is it working out. X-P!

I've oddly been able to actually PAY a few businesses through my account here, but I am now unable to ACCEPT money through this site. I don't know WHY.

On top of this, this place allowed me to set up a new "Account" here, under a new E-Mail & everything. It let me know that this was okay, oddly enough; using the same Bank Account.

Well, now I have 3 E-Mails connected to this site & yet I can't set up separate profiles for my different online "businesses" that I have. (All of which aren't businesses at all yet. I'm just hopeful so far =*-(! ) It's grouping them all together as "Business" accounts, instead of One Personal, and the other two as "Business" Accounts (and really I want to remove one account and leave the other one.

Either way this is all confusing as all get out and I'm also totally unable to even find a link that I can copy and paste so that people can donate to me if they ever want to. Along with this, I'm unable to set up separate pages/faces for my two (or actually 3) different accounts on here.

I'm about to shut it all down and leave entirely.

Please help!

Thank you.

=***-(!!!!!!!

Violet

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @HobbyHermit,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues with your PayPal account. I see you've stated that you have 3 emails linked with PayPal. Does this mean you have 3 separate accounts, or are all 3 emails linked within one account? If they are all linked within one account, there would not be a way to distinguish between personal and business accounts. All emails would be categorized under one type. 

PayPal does not determine if an account is categorized as business or personal. That is something that the account holder does when signing up. If you would like to have one of the email addresses linked to a personal account, you will need to delete if from the existing business account and create a new personal account. 

If you need additional assistance, I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.