Help, dropped a clanger

SteveGayfer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I sold an item today and gave the wrong email to the buyer. The money was paid to PayPal and I received an email to that account telling me this. When I looked into my account I couldn't see the payment and then I realized my mistake.  I have the transaction details. Is there any resolution to this? thanks in advance for any help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteveGayfer 

If you own that email account then add it to your paypal account as you can have up to 8 on the one paypal account and the funds will come with it.

If not then tell us if it was a typo or a non existant email address AND what it says next to the transaction in the SENDERS paypal account ie pending / unclaimed with or withOUT a cancel option OR sent/completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SteveGayfer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I do own the gayfers@gmail account but when I try to add it I get "We're sorry. You can't claim the payment with this account because it's already linked with another user. Try asking your sender to send it to a different email address if you have one." I have a transaction ID that was sent to the gayfers@gmail account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.