EWEKA fraudulently still bill me 60 EUR every year?

christijantjie
New Community Member

Hi

Here is the background to my case, and I hope someone can assist.

I was on a month to month subscription with a web service for 7.5 EUR per month. It was Cancelled in October 2018 

All of a sudden in December 2018 I'm being billed 60 EUR

December 2019 again and December 2020 Again. 2018 and 2019's payments have slipped through my notifications and credit card statement 

as I did not see it, but it came to my attention now in 2020 when I was billed on 4 December for 60 EUR

I immediately disputed the transaction and this was the outcome below.

Hello Christiaan Botha,

We received the claim(s) you filed on 04 December 2020.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Learn More about PayPal Purchase Protection

You can learn more about PayPal Purchase Protection and how we investigate problem transactions by clicking Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page. Then, simply click PayPal User Agreement and Protection for Buyers

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-93479563 

Transaction Amount: €60,00 EUR 

Dispute Amount: €60,00 EUR 

Transaction ID: 1PR95526088039210 

Transaction Date: 04 December 2020

Thanks,

PayPal

Attached is screenshots of my account with Eweka, so you can see the payment doesn't even reflect on the account and it is inactive since 2018.

The weirdest thing is the payment is under INACTIVE on my paypal account. WHY is is still charged? I would like paypal to show me where I agreed into this yearly subscrition.

My feeling is that the Eweka somehow charges my credit card directly through paypal cause why would a subscription under the inactive tab be billed every year? 

Is there a way to demand to see where I agreed to be on a 60 EUR yearly subscription like this??

TO me it looks like criminal activity?

christijantjie_0-1610371952738.png

christijantjie_1-1610371996568.png

christijantjie_2-1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]ne

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

christijantjie
New Community Member

Here is the original agreement for the 30 day also under inactive.

<Removed>

Login to Me Too

christijantjie
New Community Member

<Removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.