ECheque Issue - Not getting cleared

CustomizedP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. My Echeque has been pending ever since 26th April 2020 from UK.

Any idea when would this be cleared? Expected clearing date was 1st May 2020.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @CustomizedP 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

Sorry to hear your situation. There could be an issue with the sender's account causing the payment to be sent as an eCheque. Just to clarify, this was not caused by your account.

I understand what's important is that you receive the money. As for UK accounts, it may take up to 10 working days for an eCheque to clear. Starting from the date you provided, April 26, the money may clear up to this coming Friday, May 8.

This is for reference. 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-has-my-payment-been-sent-as-an-echeque-faq962

Hope this helps!

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated

Login to Me Too

CustomizedP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Today is 8th May and I am expecting it to be cleared today.

Please let me know how can I reach out to an executive on phone, if this is not cleared by today?

Login to Me Too

CustomizedP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Can you please help track this one for me? Can you reach me via my official mail? Can you do that immediately? Its been 13 days now and am actually worried as the services have already been provided.

The funds, as per the client, have been deducted from their account on 6th already. Please respond to this at the earliest

Regards

Login to Me Too

CustomizedP
Contributor
Contributor

Can a Paypal employee help and resolve this? Its been over 15 days and this never has happened before. My concern is valid here. Please immediately help resolve this. Hoping that this community stands for its cause which is seeking and assisting Paypal users.

Login to Me Too

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @CustomizedP 

Here in PayPal we always recommend to only send your item out or provide the service, once the payment has completed.

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/what's-an-echeque-why-hasn't-the-echeque-i-received-clea...

Have you received any email the past few days stating that the eCheque failed? The only explanation that we can see at this moment is that the eCheque never really cleared from the buyer's side.

Please contact the buyer regarding this.

Login to Me Too

CustomizedP
Contributor
Contributor

No mail at all since 26th April.

Also echeque in Paypal account shows pending.

Further note that funds were deducted from the buyer's account on 6th.

Now what next? Is the Paypal India customer executives working? Please give me helpline number who will check my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.