Dont appear to have paid for something, despite getting and using it?

Rob-sa
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there, i recently started using PayPal again, in order to buy some virtual currency on a game i play. The game is League of Legends, so i trust the developer pretty well.

I attached an account that i used on PayPal before, though i removed it eventually, got the 1p test and the number, entered it in, everything was fine.

I bought the currency, used PayPal to pay, got it, spent it in the game, everything was still fine. Got an email about it as well.

However, i checked my account, and found that no money has actually been removed from it. I waited several hours, and still nothing. I sent the amount (£25) from my bank account to my PayPal account, but now it just says i have £25 on my account. I expected it to be on -£25 or something and the new money would cancel it out.

But no, i got and used the currency bought, and yet, i don't seem to have spent a thing for it. The transactions just say that -£25 was spent, but i didn't have any money in my PayPal account to start with. I thought it would take straight from the bank account i attached to it, like it did when i used to use it a few months ago.

If there anything i can do to actually pay? I feel I've done something very wrong with how i set up my attached accounts, and i dont know why i was given the virtual currency if i seemingly didn't spend any money.

And, needless to say, i actually want to pay, assuming i haven't done so already without noticing. I'm pretty sure i'm going to get in trouble if i didn't.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rob-sa

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.