Creditcard checkout without opening an account, which countries?

beatroot
Contributor
Contributor

one of our clients has a woocommerce shop with only Paypal checkout. he's located in Canada.  thru testing we deduced, that visitors from USA and Canada are generally able to checkout with creditcard, without being forced of opening a paypal account. but when testing with european locations, this options was not available.

Is there some definitive rules or link, on who/what countries can checkout with creditcard without opening an account?

I read somewhere, that Paypal is basically deciding visitor by visitor. but the post was 5 years old.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @beatroot,

That's a great question. Here's an article with additional details about guest checkout that might help. If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support. To contact Customer Service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

beatroot
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

thanks for your reply. The link to the article with additional information does not seem to work.

Kind regards

Beat

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @beatroot

Sorry about that. Thanks for getting back to us. Here's the link again, you may need to copy and paste it into the web browser: https://bit.ly/2PLAUZO. This will take you to the PayPal Help Center. If this doesn't work, please reach out to us directly on Facebook or Twitter and we might be able to assist you further. 

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.