Can't accept payment from Prolific all of a sudden.

Elite49
Contributor
Contributor

Been using Paypal for a couple years in regards to the site Prolific. They pay in GBP which PayPal of course converts to USD when you hit accept on the money. I've been accepting the money as recently as a few weeks ago with no issue. A few days ago after cashing out with them I realized I can no longer accept the money. I hit accept and it takes me to the normal "Transfer to bank or hold in cash account/check". I hit "Transfer to bank" and I'm greeted with this screen. 

DhgDIQ3n.jpg

There is something to be transfered. I'm doing exactly what I've been doing for years and now it's no longer working. PayPals currency conversion keeps readjusting the amount as well which is ridiculous since it's literally in limbo between the two parties. 

Others are reporting this issue, others are reporting that PayPal has said the issue will be fixed "soon" and that was days ago. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

cam3828
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same, and their customer service doesn't seem to be much help either 😕

Login to Me Too

Elite49
Contributor
Contributor

Completely useless support here and on the phone.

Login to Me Too

mirabrowni
Contributor
Contributor

*DONT MARK AS SOLUTION*

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProlificAc/comments/p6glzh/paypal_nothing_to_transfer_workaround_requires/ 

The link above is a Reddit post I came across when looking for help with the same problem you guys are having. I'm in the process of trying it out right now, but this solution seems to be the only one working for people at the moment. This post was made within the week, so I hope this helps some of you!!

Login to Me Too

Elite49
Contributor
Contributor

@mirabrowni 

That's my post and my workaround! 😅 Forgot to post it here but while it works, it's not a fix to the issue so please no one mark that as the solution or we'll never get this properly fixed.

Login to Me Too

mirabrowni
Contributor
Contributor

No wayyy! I was so excited to find a potential solution I didn't even realize that the names were the same, but yea, I hear you both parties are zero help. Thanks for the temporary solution!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.