Buyer's payment sent to deleted email

Anna2080
New Community Member
Last July 30, I sold a pair of shoes on eBay for $175 and the buyer paid immediately but I never received the payment because PayPal sent the money to my former, deleted email address. I deleted this email address from Paypal a long time ago but they still used it to receive payments and I had no idea. How can I get this money? I have contacted the buyer to cancel the payment but she said the money was already taken from her account and there is no option to cancel once money has been deducted. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Oliphym
Contributor
Contributor
I understand your situation. If you still remember your old email address and can still receive email from it, might as well re-add and confirm it as well so that you can receive the money. The money will be credited back to the sender after 30 days if it remained not claimed by you. Or, if sender cancelled the payment before you claim it. Yes they can do it as long as it remained pending on their end. Its best to coordinate with Customer Service while providing the old email address and the transaction ID from the buyer so you'll know what needs to be done.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.