MasterCard Authorization Identifier Requirement Mandate

munishsharma310
New Community Member

Hi,

I have got an email from "Bank of America" with following information:

Dear Valued Client:
Effective October 2016, Mastercard mandated that all authorizations contain an authorization type
identifier. This identifier shows if you obtain a pre, final or unidentified authorization when you process a
customer’s card for a transaction. According to our records, you are processing on the TSYS platform and
your processing solution has not been enhanced to include the required authorization type identifier.
What do you need to know?
All clients were notified of this requirement in the annual Release communications in 2016 and 2017.
TSYS has contacted their certified partners regarding this mandate. Mastercard has recommended that
your third party software provider set the authorization type identifier to pre-authorization or final
authorization. Due to upcoming changes scheduled for June 2018 which will limit the number of
undefined authorizations allowed, an authorization type indicator of undefined should not be frequently
used. You must contact your third party software provider immediately to request that these changes be
made according to the TSYS specifications that are utilized by your processing solution.

My Application is using c# code and "payflowpro.paypal.com" anyone has any idea how to implement or resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.