Funds Transfer

JustCallMe
Contributor
Contributor

Hoping to get an answer from here. Exhausted all means and time to be with the call support- but their tool access is very minimal. Sometimes front facing agent has training issues. Ended up with no resolution  with a lot of frustration. I can almost verbatimly recite the generic answers I am getting. Sometimes, dropped calls I get.  

Here's the narrative. We've Been with paypal for 2 years +. Verified account. We chose paypal over payoneer and other merchant for the reason of convenience. We begin to question our decision. For 40% of our transaction we use paypal. We are just a small company. So our dillemma started last Dec 10. We transferred amount to bank. Received the auto generated email.  After the 4th business day. No funds received . Started coordinating with support ( phone ) on the 5th business day and told I was told to give it another 24hours for the amount to hit the bank. On the 6th day, ( Saturday ) no funds arrived. Called support. Said to wait it up till Monday Dec 18th. Called phone support on the 7th business day and was told again that if funds will not hit bank they will file a trace. On the 19th December ( 8th business days ), I received an amount. The wrong amount! 0.016% of what we transfer. Did what I could, and I called the bank. The bank explained it very clearly. As per bank, they did received the remittance ON December 15th ( 5th business day ) BUT it was channelled and done the wrong way. The funds should hit my account automatically through the mother bank and should not be channelled through the local receiving bank. As per bank they can not touch the funds and started coordinating with paypal. No answer from paypal. As per bank's protocol they only are allowed to hold funds within 24hour window. Amount reverted back to paypal same day -December 15th.  So to sum it up. Right amount done the wrong way transmitted and transferred to bank on December 15th. Amount reverted by bank. Now Paypal send another go done the right way the WRONG amount. 

All I wanted to do is coordinate with support. Provide them information to help them up to expedite the process. All I get is the same generic answer. We will file a trace. To my mind, Why? The bank already has determined that Paypal sent an amount and was received but the wrong amount. Each time I call support, either I get a friendly frontliner who has limited access to tools or is so new to the business that you can tell right away the support is fresh from training, sometimes I talked to supervisor or manager who would tell me the same thing, sometimes with a HINT OF DISDAIN: To wait for the trace number for me to provide the bank.  The bank already has noted that they received the funds- the wrong amount.  The bank is very accomodating. BUT calling paypal support, providing them all the information but there it is again the generic answer. ' The least we could do for you is to have it noted' Why do we need to suffer this way? So till now I am calling support. But getting tired. Waste of time? Dropped calls? Goodness! We are trying to finish projects with clients and funds were in limbo. Tried calling the escalations department but routed again to the 402 935 2050 which does not and can not handle the issue at hand. The bank is waiting for your call BUT NO ONE FROM PAYPAL WOULD. What's the trace is for? When the bank has the funds- but the wrong amount. Is the transmittal done manually as the bank suggest? And what Do we need to do to avoid this in the future? Any suggestions? New merchant perhaps?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.