IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing

marysdolls
Contributor
Contributor

I keep receiving this message from service paypal and don't understand, because the URL address listed is correct.  "Hello  ,  Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:  ..........If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.   Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.  Thanks, PayPal 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You must have an IPN solution setup somewhere that isn't working properly. Do you know specifically if you've ever set something like that up?

If not, then it must be built into a tool you're using. For example, are you using WooCommerce? This is a common problem with WooCommerce when using PayPal Standard.

Let me know if that's the case or if you're using some other tool and then I can help you more with resolving the issue.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

marysdolls
Contributor
Contributor

@angelleye wrote:
You must have an IPN solution setup somewhere that isn't working properly. Do you know specifically if you've ever set something like that up?

If not, then it must be built into a tool you're using. For example, are you using WooCommerce? This is a common problem with WooCommerce when using PayPal Standard.

Let me know if that's the case or if you're using some other tool and then I can help you more with resolving the issue.

I haven't set up anything and have never heard of WooCommerce, so could it be a built in tool that I'm not aware of?  Shall I just Disable the PayPal instant payment notifications?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you check the IPN settings you should see the URL that the IPNs are being sent to. That should give you a clue of what tool is configured to use them, and then you can decide whether or not you need to figure out how to get it working or not. If you don't need it, go ahead and disable it.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.