Upcoming Change to PayPal Subscriptions

MTS_Ciaran

PayPal is making changes to the way Subscriptions are created, managed, and displayed. For additional information, see our article Why am I seeing changes to how Subscriptions are reflected?

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

MTS_Ciaran

right. 

Login to Me Too

CWRU
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to get subscriptions to work for the new system so I can get more detailed reporting to appear on the sftp server. Knowing this functionality appears to no longer work in the new system (at least until the migration is complete I hope?), would I be better off going back to the old system via the links in the dashboard to schedule this subscription?

Login to Me Too

jomukherjee
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

When I- type subscription is created from old S- type subscription buttons then IPN message will be of I- type and not S-. The existing S- subscriptions will continue to send S- type IPN message.

Login to Me Too

jomukherjee
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

When the new I- Subscription is created then the IPN message will have recurring_payment_profile_created.

Login to Me Too

WHEELS10
Contributor
Contributor
Help me pleas my prather
Login to Me Too

anesu1234
What is CSC is all about I can't make my payment cause of that
Login to Me Too

ILL101
Contributor
Contributor

Your post says "Beginning February 1, 2018", but the FAQ page says "Beginning February 22, 2018". Which date is right?

wrote:

Beginning February 1, 2018, changes will be made to the way PayPal creates, manages, and displays subscriptions. Below is a FAQ related to the upcoming changes being made to PayPal subscriptions.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

FAQ says 1st, right? 

"On February 1, 2018, changes will be made to the way PayPal creates"

But actually have been moved back from the 1st , until March 15th 🙂

"The changes to subscriptions will now begin on March 15, 2018."

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up on these changes. I had a few questions I was hoping someone may be able to help with:

1. Is there a Sandbox we can use to test these upcoming changes in a development environment (to simulate the IPN's etc)?
  2. Are any updates required to our existing PayPal button code (generated previously from the PayPal site)?
  3. Where will the status for this migration be posted (so we can check for progress, issues etc)?
Login to Me Too

ILL101
Contributor
Contributor
What happens if the payment fails?
In case of I- subscriptions, subscription gets suspended and can be reactivated later. In case of S-, it gets cancelled.

For I- subscriptions, what IPN do we get if payment fails several times in a row? We still use old button code. Can users reactivate suspended subscription from their PayPal account? What IPN do we get when the user reactivates it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.