Classic ASP set up return URL with specific variables

cpalacios
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

We have a current website that is built with Classic ASP.  I have setup a payment page that will redirect users to PayPal to make a payment.  I also set up an "auto return" URL so that if the payment goes through, it will redirect back to our website.  For most users, this works, but every now and then, it doesn't.  So to fix this issue, I would like to set up the return URL, ideally on the ASP page, with parameters that I can read to update a database.  For example, I'd like the return URL to look like this: "http://domain.com/paymentprocessed.asp?ID=55D,payment=true", which I would send to PayPal when the user is redirected to PayPal.  When the user is returned to this URL, I can look up the ID and the payment value and then update the database to show the user, with that ID, has completed the payment required.  Can someone redirect me to a page that will explain exactly what I need to do?  If there is a better way to do this, please let me know as well!  Thanks a lot in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.