Payment impossible for PayPal Plus Extras Mastercard and Bad reporting to Credit Agencies

NLSD
Contributor
Contributor

During two weeks, I have been unable to pay off the balance of my PayPal Plus Extras Mastercard, because this possibility was simply not available online. Each time I tried, I was said that I had no minimum payment to do. However, my balance was high and my end of statement date was on 02/14. I wanted this absolutely paid before my statement. I have sent 12 emails, called 4 times, the PayPal Customer Service, and each time, theu answered inacurately, to finally let me know that they have no access to Credit Cards and that I should ask to Ge Cards. What I did, so many times, with even no answer. Finally, PayPal reported my high balance 5 days before the end of statement date, and since all my other cards were paid off, my Credit Score has plunged from 38 points only for this balance! Then, I decided to close this card. The conversation with the representative of PayPal has been very unpleasant. I had to insist, to explain again and again. I finally exploded and told them that since I had the amount on my PayPal account to pay off my Credit Card they should immediately pay it off and close this Credit Card. They said it was done. I asked them to confirm by email. They refused because they pretended that have no access to emails (ununderstable). They said I would receive a mail within 7 to 10 days! I explained that I needed immediately a proof to send it to the credit agencies and have my lost of points repaired. No way. Today, I open my account and see that I have been charged an unrecognized amount that makes the balance of my Credit Card higher than the amount available on my PayPal account. They did that and so, they will tell me that there was not enough money to pay off and close my Credit Card. So I immediately transferred the missing amount on my PayPal account and what a surprised, suddenly, I was able to pay off in full my PayPal Plus Extras Mastercard!

Now: will they really close my credit card? when? will they report the accurate balance to the credit agencies? When? Will they invent some new fees like they did yesterday? This looks like a never ending story with some traps all along the way. 

Accordingly, I have decided to cancel all my credit cards linked to GE Money that has the worst customer service ever with PayPal. I do not want to deal with GE anymore. I have send a complaint to Mastercard to denounce this practice and I have send the story to several consumers websites. I will escalate till I have someone able to answer clearly my question. 

My conclusion: think twice before asking for the opening of a PayPal Plus Extras Mastercard and think about the prejudice you could have from their policy of reporting at any time, when they want, your balance to the credit agencies. Weirdly, it always happens when your balance is high.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

McFeely
Contributor
Contributor

I just closed my account. I had my card since 2007, but I have not been able to view my account information for 3 months. I felt like a tennis ball going between GE and Paypal saying that the other was responsible for repairing it. This forum is absolutely useless. The moderators are volunteers who obviously do not interact with Paypal to advocate issues that are not being resolved. If you go through the proper channels and you get no resolution do not air your greivance here. This is the black hole. No Kudos for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.