Issue with Debit Card and Purchasing Online

mistertravis
New Community Member

Hi all...I've been having an issue with my Paypal Mastercard and I'm curious if anyone else has run into this...

I've attempted to make purchases on amtrak.com the past couple of weeks - both in buying miles or buying tickets. This issue began a couple of weeks ago when I bought a ticket online - my card was initially declined due to a zip code error. But, I had put in the right zip code and Amtrak had charged me for the ticket...even though they claimed not to have any idea about the purchased ticket. I bought another one a few minutes later and everything worked fine..Received confirmation for my ticket, was charged correctly. Eventually the charge on my card for the wrong zip code purchase went away, so I thought all was good.

Today, the same thing occurred. Except this time, Amtrak declined my card three times for the wrong zip code (charging me three times in the process). When I tried to purchase again, my card was flat out declined. I know I'll be reimbursed for the charges that Amtrak made while claiming an error, but I am curious if anyone else is having this issue with any websites out there. It's really odd.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

teamkuyafrWA
New Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to purchase from EBAY all day today, and its saying that there is an error, or they can't process it. After reading this, I'm thinking if it is my MC debit card as well that may have a problelm.

I too do not know what to do. Suggestions?

Thanks...

@mistertravis wrote:

Hi all...I've been having an issue with my Paypal Mastercard and I'm curious if anyone else has run into this...

I've attempted to make purchases on amtrak.com the past couple of weeks - both in buying miles or buying tickets. This issue began a couple of weeks ago when I bought a ticket online - my card was initially declined due to a zip code error. But, I had put in the right zip code and Amtrak had charged me for the ticket...even though they claimed not to have any idea about the purchased ticket. I bought another one a few minutes later and everything worked fine..Received confirmation for my ticket, was charged correctly. Eventually the charge on my card for the wrong zip code purchase went away, so I thought all was good.

Today, the same thing occurred. Except this time, Amtrak declined my card three times for the wrong zip code (charging me three times in the process). When I tried to purchase again, my card was flat out declined. I know I'll be reimbursed for the charges that Amtrak made while claiming an error, but I am curious if anyone else is having this issue with any websites out there. It's really odd.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.