Paypal Credit is set to preferred payment method but it keeps charging my bank instead

KirstinRainey
Contributor
Contributor

So I signed up for a paypal credit line in January, and got $1200. I've used $296 and keep making the minimum payments each month. At first, it was working with grubhub and hotels.com. Now, when I go to buy food from grubhub, instead of charging the paypal credit card (which I have set to the default payment method) it keeps charging my bank account. I have no notifications or anything indicating that I wouldn't be allowed to use/charge things to my paypal credit card. I also tried to remove my bank account to see if it would stop charging that, but it won't let me take the bank account off until the last grubhub transaction clears, since it charged my bank again instead of the paypal credit. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Shazzadut
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me too. It’s extremely annoying. My online groceries have been charged to my bank account when my preferred payment method is my MasterCard Australia Post debit card This will now result in texts telling me to fix it up, phone calls to reduced capacity operators, a trip to an ATM or post office to withdraw the funds from my MasterCard then a trip to the bank to deposit the money into my bank account. This is the second time this has happened. Why bother to have a preferred option if you’re just going to charge it to whatever account you want? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.